Fitness and Nutrition
Databases Available to Nebraskans Websites Selected by Librarians
- Airport gyms, fitness centers, exercise clubs, workout centers in US airports or nearby.
- BetterU.Inc "Free health, fitness and weight loss information as well as online personal training."
- BMI Calculator
- Caffeine Content of Common Beverages
- Cholesterol Lowdown
- Coffee Science Information Center
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005 released January 12, 2005
- FitnessOnline formerly Asimba
- Food Psychology for educators, health professionals, and consumers interested in food psychology. This original research is intended to help people be healthier, happier, and in control of their food choices
- Healthy Refrigerator site is divided into four separate sections, including The Healthy Fridge, Good Nutrition, Heart of the Matter, and Just for Kids
- How Not to Get Hit By Cars Bicycle Safety
- NAT Tools for Good Health Nutrition Analysis Tool (NAT) helps you keep track of your diet or look up nutrition information on almost any food item, including fast foods and foods by brand name
- Shape Up America specializes in healthy weight management through better nutrition and increased physical activity and was originated by former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop.
- Small Step Take the "small steps" to better nutrition and health. From the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Soft Drinks and Health
- USDA Nutrient Database searchable database of calorie, protein, carbohydrate, dietary fiber, vitamin, mineral, lipid, and amino acid contents of foods
- Vegetarian Diets - Position of ADA the official position statement of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) that "appropriately planned vegetarian diets are healthful, are nutritionally adequate, and provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases."
- Walking Connection