Fitness and Nutrition
Databases Available to Nebraskans Websites Selected by Librarians
- Airport gyms, fitness centers, exercise clubs, workout centers in US airports or nearby.
- BetterU.Inc "Free health, fitness and weight loss information as well as online personal training."
- BMI Calculator
- Caffeine Content of Common Beverages
- Cholesterol Lowdown
- Cornell University Food and Brand Lab
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005 released January 12, 2005
- How Not to Get Hit By Cars Bicycle Safety
- Men's Fitness
- NAT Tools for Good Health Nutrition Analysis Tool (NAT) helps you keep track of your diet or look up nutrition information on almost any food item, including fast foods and foods by brand name
- Shape Up America specializes in healthy weight management through better nutrition and increased physical activity and was originated by former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop.
- Small Step
- Soft Drinks and Health
- USDA Nutrient Database searchable database of calorie, protein, carbohydrate, dietary fiber, vitamin, mineral, lipid, and amino acid contents of foods
- Vegetarian Diets - Position of ADA the official position statement of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) that "appropriately planned vegetarian diets are healthful, are nutritionally adequate, and provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases."
- Walking Connection