Where can I seek information about my birth parents?
Websites Selected by Librarians
- Adoption Registry Connect
- Adoption Resources private site linking to sites for adoptive parents and adult adoptees.
- Adoption Search - How to Find Your Birth Family Article outlining how to begin the process
- Adoption Search and Reunion
- Adoption Searches
- I would like to know my birth parents. What do I need to do?
- Nebraska Children's Home Society
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services - Adoption includes a Biological Father Registry and Adoption Search page with instructions for contacting HHSS for assistance.
Nebraska adoption statutes are in Chapter 43, article 1 of the Revised Statutes of Nebraska. The Statutes can be searched by keyword using the links on this page: Where can I search your state laws, rules and regulations?