Where can I find information on services for elderly citizens?
Websites Selected by Librarians
- Administration on Aging
- Answers4Families Nebraska organization created to provide information about resources available to Nebraska families serving eight target groups: families with children with special needs; families with children with mental health concerns, foster and adoptive families; service coordinators; caregivers for persons with Alzheimer's and related memory disorders; caregivers for elderly; assisted living; school nurses.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Federal department within Health and Human Services devoted to programs including Medicare and Medicaid.
- Nebraska Health and Human Services State Unit on Aging Services included are adult protective services, Medicare, Medicaid, age discrimination, consumer protection, legal services, long-term facilities, nutritional services, power of attorney/guardianship/conservatorship, rural housing, veteran's benefits, and other services.
- Nebraska Resource and Referral System Database (NRRS) contains information about thousands of community agencies and organizations that provide services and telephone hotline resources to Nebraskans including a zip code searchable listing of licensed child care providers
- Nebraska Senior Health Insurance Information Program SHIIP Nebraska Department of Insurance site featuring Medicare information and comparison guides to supplemental and advantage plans available in Nebraska. Call 1-800-234-7119