Where can I seek information about starting a business?
Websites Selected by Librarians
- Employer Id Numbers (EIN) An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity. Generally, businesses need an EI
- Franchise Registry a list of eligible franchise programs
- Frequently Asked Questions about Nebraska Business Taxes from the Nebraska Department of Revenue
- Nebraska Business Portal - Starting a Business in Nebraska
- Nebraska Secretary of State Corporations Division includes a searchable database for basic information on corporations registered with the Secretary of State.
- Nebraska Statutes Relating to Business Entities from the Nebraska Secretary of State's Office
- Nebraska's REAP Women's Business Center
- One-Stop Business Registration Informtion System Assistance with identifying necessary forms to be filed with appropriate State agencies and providing links and contacts.
- Rural Enterprise Assistance Project (REAP) committed to strengthening rural communities through small, self-employed business development. We offer four essential services: financing (micro loans), business training, technical assistance, and networking
- SCORE Counselor's to America's Small Business
- Small Business Administration Start-up Basics includes information on writing a business plan
- Small Business Administration, Nebraska Office The U.S. Small Business Administration, established in 1953, provides financial, technical and management assistance to help Americans start, run, and grow their businesses
- Small Business Assistance, SBA Locations export information
- Small Business Loan Programs
- Starting a Business in Nebraska from the Nebraska Department of Revenue. Information and "form 20" for registering for a tax ID, out of state contractor requirements, and much more.
- Starting Business in Nebraska from the Nebraska Department of Economic Development
- United States Patent and Trademark Office information about applying for patents, trademarks, latest developments in patent law