Websites Selected by Librarians
- 1940 Census from National Archives
- 1940 Census resources for Nebraska Includes tips on searching the 1940 Census, white pages of selected Nebraska communities, and more.
- Census 2010 Demographic Profiles
- Census Bureau Home page linking to all Census data.
- Census Explorer Find stats for your neighborhood with the Census Bureauís new interactive map
- Census Finder 10,800 links to free census records for genealogy and other research.
- City-Data.com collected and analyzed data from numerous sources to create as complete and interesting profiles of all U.S. cities
- Data and Research (Nebraska Databook) comprehensive source from the Nebraska Department of Economic Development for Nebraska statistics on many topics
- Facts for Features Fun facts on special events like Mother's Day, July 4th, etc.
- Historical Decennial Census Population and Housing Counts
- Historical United States Census Data Browser 1790-1960 data
- Measuring America The Decennial Censuses From 1790 to 2000
- National Archives - Resources for Genealogists
- Population and Housing Unit Estimates
- Report on Ancestry During the 2000 Census, the Census Bureau modified its questionnaire to allow individuals the ability to give one or two attributions of their "ancestry or ethnic origin." This 12- page PDF Document offers some insights into the various trends throughout the United States afforded by the responses to this particular Census question
- Social Explorer Social Explorer is dedicated to providing easy access to demographic information about the United States
- State and County QuickFacts Nebraska Select counties or cities from drop-down menus. For town smaller than 5,000 or county subdivisions (e.g. townships, precincts) scroll to bottom of select a city menu and select "other places not listed"