Where can I file a consumer complaint in Nebraska?
Websites Selected by Librarians
Consumer issues are handled by various state or federal agencies depending on the industry involved.
- Attorney General Consumer Protection Division, Nebraska has a hotline 1-800-727-6432.
- Banking and Finance Complaints The Nebraska Department of Banking and Finance handles complaints involving state-chartered banks, savings &loans, credit unions, trust companies. Also regulated delayed deposit services, installment loans, and mortgage bankers.
- Better Business Bureau
- Collection Agency Licensing - Nebraska Secretary of State
- Federal Trade Commission consumer information from the federal government
- Fighting Back Against Identity Theft detailed information to help you deter, detect, and defend against identity theft
- Insurance Department, Nebraska has a Consumer Affairs Division.
- Insurance Department, Nebraska Complaint Forms
- Judicial Branch Professional Ethics includes information on how to file complaints against Nebraska judges and attorneys
- National Do Not Call List register to prevent telemarketing calls and file complaints.
- Public Counsel (Ombudsman's Office) an independent governmental office designed to receive and investigate miscellaneous complaints relating to administrative agencies of state government.
- Public Service Commission, Nebraska regulates telecommunications, natural gas, motor carriers, railroads, grain warehouses, and construction of manufactured homes, modular housing units, and recreational vehicles. Site includes an online complaint form.
- Real Estate Commission, Nebraska
- State Consumer Fraud Contacts for all 50 states
- Statutes and Constitution - Nebraska keyword search or view chapter-by-chapter
- United States Postal Inspection Service