How do I register as a contractor, bid on state contracts, or get a business license in Nebraska?
Websites Selected by Librarians
- Contract Renewal Process From the Nebraska Department of Labor
- Contractor Registration The Nebraska Contractor Registration Act requires contractors and subcontractors doing business in Nebraska to register with the Nebraska Department of Labor.
- Department of Roads Contract lettings
- Information for Construction Contractors from the Department of Revenue. Includes forms for nonresident contractor registration
- Labor Department Divison of Labor Standards/Workers Rights Contractor Registration, Wage Complains, Employment of Minors, Nursing Mothers, State & Federal Compliance, Migrant/Seasonal Workers, Employment Agencies.
- Labor Department Office of Safety (Amusement Ride Inspections, Boiler Inspections, Elevator Inspections, OSHA Consultations)
- Lincoln Building and Safety Department Handles licensing in Lincoln:
City County Building
555 South 10th St.
Lincoln, NE 68508
- Nebraska DAS Accounting Division Forms includes Nebraska W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number) forms.
- Nebraska Materiel Division - Purchasing Bureau the Materiel Division of the Department of Administrative Services (DAS) has the power and duty to purchase or contract for, in the name of the State, the personal property required by using agencies and the State.
- Nebraska Materiel Division - Vendor Procurement Manual for Commodities/Goods
- New Contractor Registration from the Nebraska Department of Labor
- One-Stop Business Registration Informtion System Assistance with identifying necessary forms to be filed with appropriate State agencies and providing links and contacts.
- Starting a Business in Nebraska from the Nebraska Department of Revenue. Information and "form 20" for registering for a tax ID, out of state contractor requirements, and much more.