How do I register as a contractor, bid on state contracts, or get a business license in Nebraska?
Websites Selected by Librarians
- Contractor Registration The Nebraska Contractor Registration Act requires contractors and subcontractors doing business in Nebraska to register with the Nebraska Department of Labor.
- Department of Roads Contract lettings
- Information for Construction Contractors from the Department of Revenue. Includes forms for nonresident contractor registration
- Labor Department Safety & Labor Standards Division (Contractor Registration, Boiler Inspectors, Elevator Inspectors, Employment Agencies)
- Lincoln Building and Safety Department Handles licensing in Lincoln:
City County Building
555 South 10th St.
Lincoln, NE 68508
- Nebraska DAS Accounting Division Forms includes Nebraska W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number) forms.
- Nebraska Materiel Division - Purchasing Bureau the Materiel Division of the Department of Administrative Services (DAS) has the power and duty to purchase or contract for, in the name of the State, the personal property required by using agencies and the State. To receive an Application for Inclusion on the Bidder's Mailing List for the State of Nebraska, please e-mail your request to MatPurc@notes.state.ne.us or call 402-471-2401. Please be sure to include your name, company name, phone number, and complete mailing address. Note: It is not required that a vendor be registered with State Purchasing to do business with the State of Nebraska, although if a company is not on our mailing list they may not receive all information regarding the proposals.
- Nebraska Materiel Division - Vendor Procurement Manual for Commodities/Goods
- Nebraska Materiel Division - Vendor Procurement Manual for Services
- One-Stop Business Registration Informtion System Assistance with identifying necessary forms to be filed with appropriate State agencies and providing links and contacts.
- Starting a Business in Nebraska from the Nebraska Department of Revenue. Information and "form 20" for registering for a tax ID, out of state contractor requirements, and much more.