Elected Officials and Nebraska Elected Officials
Websites Selected by Librarians
Nebraska Elected Officials
- Biographical Directory of the U.S. Congress 1774 to present searchable by state
- Biographies of Nebraska Legislators
- Congressional Officials Guide How to contact your federal representatives
- Congressional Pictorial Directory, 113th Congress photographs of current House and Senate members and officials.
- Contact Elected Officials Find contact information for federal, state, local, or tribal governments and elected officials
- Elections and Politics
- Federal Government in Nebraska - Blue Book information on federal-level elected offices Biographies and historical information on Nebraska members of Congress. This site takes you to a table of contents - click on Government for this information.
- Local Government in Nebraska - Blue Book Covers counties, cities, school districts, educational service units, natural resource districts, public power districts, and other local subdivisions.
- National Political Index one of the most comprehensive general sites for political information. This site lists over 3,500 Internet sites by topic including Hourly Political Headlines and principal online news and election coverage sites
- Nebraska Blue Book - Executive Branch Chapter Includes information about the organization of state government, as well as information on state-level elected offices, including job description and salary information on the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State, Auditor of Public Accounts, and Attorney General. Effective 2009, Governor Salary = $105,000; Lieutenant Governor Salary = $75,000; Secretary of State Salary = $85,000; Attorney General Salary = $95,000; Treasurer Salary = $85,000 and Auditor Salary = $85,000.
- Nebraska Legislators, Past and Present NebraskAccess web site listing state legislators from 1937 to the present.
- Public Employees Salaries in Nebraska
- Senators - Current the Unicameral Legislature's web site featuring biographies and information on current Senators
- Statutes and Constitution - Nebraska keyword search or view chapter-by-chapter
- Tips for Communicating with Elected Officials
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate
- White House Home Page