Databases Available to Nebraskans Websites Selected by Librarians
- Digital Encyclopedia of the Great Plains With 1,316 entries contributed by more than one thousand scholars, this groundbreaking reference work captures what is vital and interesting about the Great Plains—from its temperamental climate to its images and icons, its historical character, its folklore, and its politics.
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Encyclopedia.com more than 17,000 articles from The Concise Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia
- How Stuff Works ever wonder how your car engine works or what makes your refrigerator cold?
- Information Please a combination encyclopedia, dictionary, and several up-to-the minute almanacs, loaded with statistics, facts and historical records
- Information Please Kids' Almanac (Fact Monster) includes an on-line dictionary, encyclopedia, a homework center, "today in history," and a word of the day
- Jewish Encyclopedia contains the complete contents of the 12-volume Jewish Encyclopedia, which was originally published between 1901-1906. The Jewish Encyclopedia, which recently became part of the public domain, contains over 15,000 articles and illustrations
- Symbols.com online encyclopedia of western signs and ideograms
- TechWeb Technology Encyclopedia Over 10,000 definitions to technology terms and concepts
- World Factbook basic information on countries of the world including population, governance, economy, geography, people, transportation, defense, and communication