Where can I find information about Free Land in Nebraska?
Websites Selected by Librarians
Compiled with information provided by the Department of Economic Development
- Central City Several lots still available in December 2015. Those building homes must build a home with a minimum of $100,000 taxable value. Contact Chris Anderson, City Administrator, 308-946-3806
- Curtis (Program 1) Consolidated Telephone - 800-742-7464, email@example.com, http://www.curtis-ne.com/freelots.php (build single family house) (Program 2) Doug Schultz , City Manager, 308-367-4122, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.curtis-ne.com/amlots.php (build house overlooking Arrowhead Meadows Golf Course)(as of December 2015)
- Elwood Residential lots for new home construction, stick built, attached double car garage, subject to covenants. Contact Todd Wilson, Village Attorney 308-785-2550. (as of September 2015)
- Juniata Residential lots for new home construction, as of April 2015. Contact Juniata Community Redevelopment Authority, 402-751-2340, email@example.com.
- Loup City Residential lots in a new subdivision as of June 2005. Contact Wesley Liethoff, Sherman County Development Board, 308-750-3133.
The original homestead act, passed in 1904, no longer offers free land in Nebraska. The last "Kincaid Act" homestead was in the 1940's.