Genealogy Sources for Nebraska
Databases Available to Nebraskans Websites Selected by Librarians
You may visit the Nebraska State Historical Society or search the Library Catalog or contact any of the Library/Archives Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or write:
Nebraska State Historical Society
Nebraska State Historical Society
P.O. Box 82554
Lincoln, NE 68501-2554
info/main number (402) 471-3270 toll free: (800) 833-6747
You may find the following sites helpful:
- 1940 Nebraska White Pages
- A Guide to Genealogical Research at the Nebraska State Historical Society Describes Historical Society services and fees and links to more information about types of documents in their collections. Scroll down for links to helpful leaflets about Nebraska census records, naturalizations, genealogical and historical organizations, church and court records, land laws, and more.
- Birth, Death, Divorce and Marriage Certificates
- Cindi's List of Genealogical Sites on the Internet - Nebraska Census, Cemeteries, Land, Obituaries, Personal, Taxes and Vital
- County Courthouses addresses from the Nebraska State Historical Society.
- Douglas County (Omaha) Historical Society
- FamilySearch Internet Genealogy Service Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon)
- Genealogical Societies in Nebraska
- Genealogy information from Nebraska Health & Human Services
- Genealogy Resources - General
- Historical Nebraska Newspapers
- Historical Organizations in Nebraska excel file sorted by county
- Historical Society Library Catalog search items held by the Nebraska Historical Society
- Holocaust and War Victims Tracing Center a national clearinghouse for persons seeking the fates of loved ones missing since the Holocaust and its aftermath
- Homestead Records-Broken Bow Nebraska Land Office Homestead National Monument of America, located in Beatrice, Nebraska, and the University of Nebraska–Lincoln (UNL) contracted with the National Archives &Records Administration to microfilm the Broken Bow Land Office records (1890-1908). Using this microfilm, UNL has created an online index to the records.
- Lincoln-Lancaster County Genealogical Society open to anyone from anywhere in the world who is interested in genealogy and history or who has ancestors from this area of Nebraska
- Nebraska Cemeteries and Related Information
- Nebraska Cemeteries Directory from Cemetery Junction
- Nebraska Genealogical Records sources for public records provided by RecordsProject.com, a website which organizes U.S. state and county records repositories in a single, centralized location.
- Nebraska Genealogy Society Directory
- Nebraska Graves Project
- Nebraska Memories a cooperative project to digitize Nebraska-related historical and cultural heritage materials and make them available to researchers of all ages via the Internet
- Nebraska Newspapers on Microfilm at the Nebraska Historical Society
- Nebraska Obituaries Search for names and pay for obituaries.
- Obituary Links-Nebraska
- Southwest Nebraska Genealogical Society McCook and Red Willow County as well as the surrounding counties like Chase, Dundy, Hayes, Hitchcock, Furnas and Frontier. Located in the Merit Building at 110 West C Street Suite M2 & M3. Red Willow records include the original District Court Books, many, many original marriage records thru Volume 12. Yearly abstract books from 1800's thru 2015 from the McCook Gazette containing births, weddings and obits.
- Union College Library - Lincoln, NE Union College Library houses the Lincoln Lancaster County Genealogical Society collection