About NoveList K-8 Plus
Looking for a good book to read? Click on the NoveList K-8 Plus link to access EBSCO’s NoveList K-8 Plus database. NoveList K-8 Plus is a subset of the NoveList Plus database, providing complete readers’ advisory resource for children’s fiction and nonfiction titles.Contents:
- Book recommendations from book experts
- Book reviews
- Read-alike suggestions
- “Appeal” headings to focus in on what attracted you to an author or a title
- Series information
- Book discussion guides
- Lists: top ten, best of, favorites, etc.
- Tools for teachers, children’s librarians, and parents to help find the perfect book for a child
- Accelerated Reader information included for juvenile titles, if available
- Your favorite author isn't writing books anymore? Find similar books by other authors.
- Need to read a Newbery Award book? Check the awards lists for titles.
- For teacher, librarians and parents: Need help finding something your student/child will read? Check out the suggestions in “Working with Youth.”
Help Resources from the Nebraska Library Commission Staff
- NoveList Help Sheets:
- What is Appeal?
- List of Appeal Terms
- Download a copy of The Secret Language of Books: A Guide to Appeal, 2nd edition
- Field Code Searching - video (1:49), chart and cheat sheet
- NoveList YouTube Channel
- NoveList Plus Scavenger Hunt
- NoveList & NoveList Plus Overview Trainer Guide (20 pages)
- NoveList & NoveList Plus Overview PowerPoint (34 PowerPoint slides)
- NoveList Search Strategies