Where can I find information on social services in Nebraska?
Websites Selected by Librarians
- 211--Human Services in Nebraska searchable directory for locating health, aging, and social services agencies in your area.
- Access Nebraska Screening For Financial Assistance Programs
- Aging Services
- Answers4Families Nebraska organization created to provide information about resources available to Nebraska families serving eight target groups: families with children with special needs; families with children with mental health concerns, foster and adoptive families; service coordinators; caregivers for persons with Alzheimer's and related memory disorders; caregivers for elderly; assisted living; school nurses.
- Halfway/Transitional Houses in Nebraska
- Nebraska DHHS Office Locations By County
- Nebraska Health and Human Services (NHHS)
- Nebraska Health and Human Services Financial Assistance Information on topics including aid to dependent children; emergency cash aid assistance; food stamps; supplemental security income; electronic benefit transfer; energy assistance; and rules and regulations.
- Nebraska Health and Human Services offices by county
- Nebraska Resource and Referral System Database (NRRS) contains information about thousands of community agencies and organizations that provide services and telephone hotline resources to Nebraskans including a zip code searchable listing of licensed child care providers
- Social Security Administration Lincoln Federal Building, 100 Centennial Mall North, Suite 191, Lincoln, NE 68508. 402-437-5401, ext. 3314 (Call hours are 9 AM - 4 PM). Provides help in starting the SSI process
- Social Security's One-Time Economic Recovery Payments Information Page Economic recovery payments to people receiving Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Nebraska