Websites Selected by Librarians
- ALA Interlibrary Loan Request Form (pdf format)
- Chronicling America: Nebraska Newspapers Click on Search Newspaper Pages on the left to search by state, date, and keyword. Chronicling America includes selected newspapers published from 1860 - 1922. It is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Library of Congress as part of the National Digital Newspaper Program (NDNP).
- Historical Society Interlibrary Loan Policies, Procedures and Fees
- Historical Society Library Catalog search items held by the Nebraska Historical Society
- Kearney Hub Historical Newspapers searchable database from 1889-1938
- National Digital Newspaper Program Technical Guidelines & Specifications Technical requirements for digital images to be accepted in the NDNP and the Nebraska Newspapers: Digitizing Nebraska's History database. Useful information for communities seeking to digitize their newspaper microfilm.
- Nebraska Newspapers on Microfilm at the Nebraska Historical Society
- Nebraska Newspapers: Digitizing Nebraska's History Nebraska Newspapers is a collaborative site developed by the University of Nebraska–Lincoln and the Nebraska State Historical Society. It presents many resources relating to the State's papers such as searchable full-text of selected newspapers published in the state before 1923.
The Nebraska State Historical Society does not participate in OCLC/ILL so the Nebraska Library Commission is unable to place requests for these items as a regular ILL transaction. The patron needs to go through his/her local library to request microfilm directly from the Nebraska State Historical Society. Borrowing libraries should submit requests on American Library Association Interlibrary Loan Forms or library letterhead via the U.S. Postal Service. Internet, fax, or email requests are NOT accepted. Address requests to:
Interlibrary Loans Nebraska State Historical Society P.O. Box 82554 Lincoln, NE 68501
Telephone (402) 471-3270 toll free: (800) 833-6747
For information about Library/Archives holdings and reference services, email email@example.com