Websites Selected by Librarians
- See also Newspapers and News Sources
- ALA Interlibrary Loan Request Form (pdf format)
- Albion News, Boone County News, Albion Argus 1880-present
- Arapahoe Public Library newspaper archives Arapahoe Weekly Pioneer, Arapahoe Pioneer, Public Mirror, Holbrook Observer, Edison Echo, Edison News, Edison Record, Holbrook Herald, Herald
- Chronicling America: Nebraska Newspapers Click on Search Newspaper Pages on the left to search by state, date, and keyword. Chronicling America includes selected newspapers published from 1860 - 1922. It is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Library of Congress as part of the National Digital Newspaper Program (NDNP).
- Dixon County Nebraska Digital Archives The Allen News, The Dixon Journal, Newcastle Times, Emerson Cresent, Dakota County Enterprise, Emerson Echo, Emerson Era, Emerson Enterprise, Emerson Times. Newspapers from 1883.
- Historical Society Interlibrary Loan Policies, Procedures and Fees
- Historical Society Library Catalog search items held by the Nebraska Historical Society
- Kearney Daily Hub Archive Digitized issues of the newspaper spanning from 1889-1952
- National Digital Newspaper Program Technical Guidelines and Specifications
- Nebraska Newspapers on Microfilm at the Nebraska Historical Society
- Nebraska Newspapers: Digitizing Nebraska's History Nebraska Newspapers is a collaborative site developed by the University of Nebraska–Lincoln and the Nebraska State Historical Society. It presents many resources relating to the State's papers such as searchable full-text of selected newspapers published in the state before 1923.
- North Bend newspapers The North Bend Library Foundation funded a project to digitize all the editions of North Bend newspapers from 1890 to 2011.
- Ord Quiz 1895-1980
- Ponca Public Library Collection Dixon County Advocate, Ponca Gazette, Northern Nebraska Journal, Nebraska Journal Leader, Homer Star, Wayne Herald. Search back to 1884.
- Sargent Newspapers: Echo, Leader and New Era and the West Union Gazette provided by the Sargent Township Library
- Seward Nebraska newspapers from the Seward Public Library
- Stanton Public Library Collection Newspapers from the Stanton area back to 1880
- Wayne newspapers various newspapers published in Wayne, Nebraska over the past 140 years
The Nebraska State Historical Society does not participate in OCLC/ILL so the Nebraska Library Commission is unable to place requests for these items as a regular ILL transaction. The patron needs to go through his/her local library to request microfilm directly from the Nebraska State Historical Society. Borrowing libraries should submit requests on American Library Association Interlibrary Loan Forms or library letterhead via the U.S. Postal Service. Internet, fax, or email requests are NOT accepted. Address requests to:
Interlibrary Loans Nebraska State Historical Society P.O. Box 82554 Lincoln, NE 68501
Telephone (402) 471-3270 toll free: (800) 833-6747
For information about Library/Archives holdings and reference services, email firstname.lastname@example.org