Where can I find Income and Poverty Statistics for Nebraska Counties and Towns?
Websites Selected by Librarians
- American FactFinder Census website
- Census 2000 Demographic Profiles select a state, type in a place name, click on the link for the desired place, then choose from 4 tables showing population, social, economic, and housing characteristics. Brings up a 1-page .pdf file for each table. Tip: type in an asterisk * to bring up a list of all places in a state.
- Center for Public Affairs
- County Profiles Social indicators including poverty, income, crime, health, environment from the Nebraska Health and Human Services System.
- County Unemployment Rates - Nebraska From the Nebraska Department of Labor.
- Historical Poverty Tables
- Labor Market Information from the Nebraska Department of Labor. Includes regional analysis.
- Personal and Per Capita Income Tables from Data and Research (Nebraska Databook) from the Nebraska Department of Economic Development
- Regional Economic Accounts from the Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Small area Income and Poverty Estimates Estimates for states, counties, and school districts. The main objective is to provide updated estimates of income and poverty statistics for the administration of federal programs and the allocation of federal funds to local jurisdictions. These estimates combine data from administrative records, intercensal population estimates, and the decennial census with direct estimates from the American Community Survey to provide consistent and reliable single-year estimates. These model-based single-year estimates are more reflective of current conditions than multi-year survey estimates.
- State of the Schools Report Select a year, click on tabs for state, school district or school building and use the search box to find a wealth of information (including salaries) on Nebraska public schools
- StateHealthFacts.org, Nebraska from the Kaiser Foundation.