Where can I find landlord-tenant information?
Websites Selected by Librarians
The Library Commission cannot offer legal advice or do legal research. Persons involved in legal disputes may wish to contact an attorney. The resources listed below may be helpful in finding landlord-tenant information:
- Landlord and Tenant Act, Nebraska posted by the Nebraska Real Estate Commission. The Act is in Chapter 76, Article 14 of the Statutes
- Landlord and Tenant Handbook an excellent resource offered by Nebraska Legal Services. This resources lists specific responsibilities of both the landlord and the tenant and offers good information to tenants to consider before renting anywhere in Nebraska
- Landlord-Tenant Acts from all states
- Municipal Codes and Ordinances Local zoning and housing information may be in local municipal codes
- Nebraska Fair Housing Act
- Public Counsel (Ombudsman's Office) an independent governmental office designed to receive and investigate miscellaneous complaints relating to administrative agencies of state government.
- Statutes and Constitution - Nebraska keyword search or view chapter-by-chapter