Websites Selected by Librarians
- County Clerks in Nebraska contact information for each county clerk in Nebraska.
- Douglas County (Omaha, NE) Marriage License Frequently Asked Questions
- Lancaster County (Lincoln, NE) County Clerk Marriage License Requirements
- Marriage Ceremony Compilation
- Obtaining a copy of your Marriage Certificate Only for marriages occurring in Nebraska since 1909. A legal copy of a marriage certificate cannot be issued without proper purpose. You may get a marriage certificate for yourself or your parents.
- United States Marriage License Laws
Marriage ceremony; who may perform; return; contents.
Every judge, retired judge, or clerk magistrate, and every preacher of the gospel authorized by the usages of the church to which he or she belongs to solemnize marriages, may perform the marriage ceremony in this state. Every such person performing the marriage ceremony shall make a return of his or her proceedings in the premises, showing the names and residences of at least two witnesses who were present at such marriage. The return shall be made to the county clerk who issued the license within fifteen days after such marriage has been performed. The county clerk shall record the return or cause it to be recorded in the same book where the marriage license is recorded.