Websites Selected by Librarians
- Charity Navigator America's premiere independent charity evaluator, works to advance a more efficient and responsive philanthropic marketplace by evaluating the financial health of America's largest charities
- Creating a Nonprofit Organization
- idealist.org Information For and About Nonprofit Organizations
- Nebraska Department of Economic Development - How to start a nonprofit
- Nebraska Secretary of State Corporations Division includes a searchable database for basic information on corporations registered with the Secretary of State.
- Nonprofit Guides Grant Writing Tools for Non-Profit Organizations
- Resources for Nonprofit Organizations
- Search for Charities database of organizations eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions that have filed a Form 990 with the IRS. It is an online version of Publication 78.
- Steps to form a Nonprofit Organization in Nebraska
- Tax Information for Charitable Organizations provided by the IRS
Nebraska Nonprofit Private Foundations which make more than a specified amount of money are required to file financial statements with the Nebraska Attorney General. These statements are available for viewing at:
Office of the Attorney General
2115 State Capitol
Lincoln, NE 68509