Websites Selected by Librarians
Nebraska Certified and Licensed Occupations
Nebraska Department of Labor publication listing occupations in Nebraska requiring licensing or certification. Includes a description of each occupation, contact information for the licensing authority and, licensing requirements and fees.
- Abstracters Board of Examiners
- Agriculture Department Licensing, Permits & Registrations (licenses Nurseries, Pesticide Applicators)
- Banking and Finance, Nebraska Department of Licenses brokers.
- Barber Examiners Board
- Child Care Licensing (HHSS)
- Collection Agency Licensing - Nebraska Secretary of State
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Information
- Contractor Registration The Nebraska Contractor Registration Act requires contractors and subcontractors doing business in Nebraska to register with the Nebraska Department of Labor.
- Education Department Teacher Certification Division
- Facilities and Services Listing check the Nebraska licensure status of health facilities
- Federal Aviation Administration - Lincoln Office (licenses Pilots, Aircraft Mechanics)
- Health Professionals - Nebraska License Information System searchable database of licensed health professionals in Nebraska
- Health Professions and Occupations Index Links for all health professions licensed in Nebraska, including:
Acupuncture, Alcohol Breath/Blood Testing Permits, Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Asbestos, Assisted-Living Facility Initial Administrator Training, Athletic Training, Audiology/Speech-Language Pathology, Body Art, Chiropractic, Contact Lens, Cosmetology, Dentistry, Electrology, Emergency Medical Care Workers, Emergency Medical Services, Environmental Health Specialist, Esthetician, Funeral Directing & Embalming, Hearing Aid Instrument Dispensing & Fitting, Lead Based Paint Credentials, Massage Therapy, Medical Nutrition Therapist, Medicine & Surgery, Mental Health Practice, Nail Technology, Nursing and Nursing Support, Nursing Home Administration, Occupational Therapy, Optometry, Pharmacist, Physical Therapy, Podiatry, Psychology, Radiography, Radon, Respiratory Care, Social Work, Speech-Language Pathology/Audiology, Swimming Pool Operator, Veterinary Medicine & Surgery, Water Operator, Well Drillers
- Land Surveyors Board of Examiners
- Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Commission (trains police and detention officers)
- Liquor Control Commission (licenses Liquor Distributors)
- Lobbyist Registration - Clerk of the Legislature Lobby Desk Telephone: 402-471-2608
- Motor Vehicle Industry Licensing Board Licenses motor vehicle dealers and salespersons.
- Motor Vehicles, Department of (licenses Drivers, Driving Instructors)
- Nebraska Board of Engineers and Architects
- Nebraska Board of Examiners for County Highway and City Street Superintendents
- Nebraska Board of Geologists
- Nebraska Board of Landscape Architects
- Nebraska Business Statutes, by Department from the Department of Economic Development
- Nebraska Commission For the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Nebraska Department of Insurance - Licensing
- Nebraska Judicial Branch Directory and informational guide to all levels of courts in Nebraska. Includes some frequently used court forms and links to fee-based court records databases.
- Nebraska Real Estate Appraiser Board
- Nebraska State Athletic Commission contains information about professional wrestling, professional boxing, professional mixed martial arts, amateur mixed martial arts, sparring matches, and other boxing exhibitions within the state, as well as helpful information on commonly asked questions.
- Nebraska State Electrical Division (licenses electricians)
- Public Accountancy Board (licenses Accountants)
- Racing Commission licenses horse owners and trainers, jockeys, race track workers/
- Real Estate Commission, Nebraska
- Secretary of State (licenses Collection Agencies, Notaries, Polygraph Examiners, Private Investigators)