Websites Selected by Librarians
Nebraska Certified and Licensed Occupations
Nebraska Department of Labor publication listing occupations in Nebraska requiring licensing or certification. Includes a description of each occupation, contact information for the licensing authority and, licensing requirements and fees.
- Abstracters Board of Examiners
- Agriculture Department Licensing, Permits & Registrations (licenses Nurseries, Pesticide Applicators)
- America's Career InfoNet - Occupational Licensing Search for occupational licensing requirements by state, occupation or agency
- Athletic Commission (licenses boxers)
- Banking and Finance, Nebraska Department of Licenses brokers.
- Barber Examiners Board
- Child Care Licensing (HHSS)
- Collection Agency Licensing - Nebraska Secretary of State
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Information
- Contractor Registration The Nebraska Contractor Registration Act requires contractors and subcontractors doing business in Nebraska to register with the Nebraska Department of Labor.
- County Highway and City Street Superintendents Board of Examiners
- Education Department Teacher Certification Division
- Electrical Board, State (licenses electricians)
- Federal Aviation Administration - Lincoln Office (licenses Pilots, Aircraft Mechanics)
- Geologists Board
- Health Facilities Index check the Nebraska licensure status of health facilities
- Health Professionals - Nebraska License Information System searchable database of licensed health professionals in Nebraska
- Health Professions and Occupations Index Links for all health professions licensed in Nebraska, including:
Acupuncture, Alcohol Breath/Blood Testing Permits, Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Asbestos, Assisted-Living Facility Initial Administrator Training, Athletic Training, Audiology/Speech-Language Pathology, Body Art, Chiropractic, Contact Lens, Cosmetology, Dentistry, Electrology, Emergency Medical Care Workers, Emergency Medical Services, Environmental Health Specialist, Esthetician, Funeral Directing & Embalming, Hearing Aid Instrument Dispensing & Fitting, Lead Based Paint Credentials, Massage Therapy, Medical Nutrition Therapist, Medicine & Surgery, Mental Health Practice, Nail Technology, Nursing and Nursing Support, Nursing Home Administration, Occupational Therapy, Optometry, Pharmacist, Physical Therapy, Podiatry, Psychology, Radiography, Radon, Respiratory Care, Social Work, Speech-Language Pathology/Audiology, Swimming Pool Operator, Veterinary Medicine & Surgery, Water Operator, Well Drillers
- Insurance Department Licensing
- Land Surveyors Board of Examiners
- Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Commission (trains police and detention officers)
- Liquor Control Commission (licenses Liquor Distributors)
- Lobbyist Registration - Clerk of the Legislature Lobby Desk Telephone: 402-471-2608
- Motor Vehicle Industry Licensing Board Licenses motor vehicle dealers and salespersons.
- Motor Vehicles, Department of (licenses Drivers, Driving Instructors)
- Nebraska Board of Engineers and Architects
- Nebraska Board of Landscape Architects
- Nebraska Business Statutes, by Department from the Department of Economic Development
- Nebraska Commission For the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Nebraska Judicial Branch Directory and informational guide to all levels of courts in Nebraska. Includes some frequently used court forms and links to fee-based court records databases.
- Nebraska Real Estate Appraiser Board
- Public Accountancy Board (licenses Accountants)
- Racing Commission licenses horse owners and trainers, jockeys, race track workers/
- Real Estate Commission, Nebraska
- Secretary of State (licenses Collection Agencies, Notaries, Polygraph Examiners, Private Investigators)