Do you have any information on relocating to or establishing residency in Nebraska?
Websites Selected by Librarians
- Affordable Rental Housing Developments - Nebraska Investment Finance Authority
- Cost of Living Indexes for reporting Nebraska Communities
- Determining Residency Status for Nebraska Individual Income Tax Filing document from the Nebraska Department of Revenue
- Driver Licensing Service Includes information about:
- Drivers Licenses
- Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDL)
- State Identification Cards
- Learner's Permits
- Farm Husbandry Permits
- School Permits
- Provisional Operator's Permits
- Motorcycle Licenses
- Commercial Learner's Permits
- Seasonal Permits
- School Bus Permits
- Driver Safety Course Schools
- Commercial Driver Training Schools
- New Resident Driver's License and Motor Vehicle Registration welcome page from the Department of Motor Vehicles. Any new resident with a valid license from another state must obtain a Nebraska license within 30 days.
- Real Estate
- Report a Change of Address to Social Security
- Residency for Filing for Divorce
- State of Legal Residence Certificate form used by the Military for determining the correct State of legal residence for purposes of withholding State income taxes from military pay.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) formerly Food Stamps Chapter 3 of the Food Stamp Manual, on eligibility--see section 3-001.02 on residency.
- University of Nebraska Residency Requirements
- Voter Information Guide from the Lancaster County (Lincoln) Nebraska
- What You Should Know About Your State Of Legal Residence as used by the United States Military for tax and voting purposes
You must change your driver's license and vehicle registration within 30 days of moving to Nebraska permanently. As long as you bring a valid license from the other state you will not have to take the test. Licenses and registrations are purchased from DMV offices or county treasurers.