Websites Selected by Librarians
- AARP Homepage
- Alliance for Retired Americans an organization of retirees who are committed to activism and want to influence the policies of government that affect all older Americans
- Can You Afford to Retire? Companion to a 2006 Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) Frontline program that examines the retirement prospects for the baby boomer generation and current issues with pension and 401(k) savings plans. Features the Nebraska Department of Retirement.
- Grand Times exclusively for active retirees
- History of Social Security
- Merck Manual of Geriatrics 2nd edition -- focuses on the medical problems and care of the elderly and is directed at healthcare professionals, but many older users and those caring for elderly relatives may find it useful a browse able, searchable version of the medical reference standard with figures, tables, and index
- Nebraska Public Employees Retirement Systems
- Older Adult Drivers Fact Sheet from the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control providing statistics on older drivers, information about national programs and research on senior driving, and a bibliography
- Road Scholar educational adventures are created by Elderhostel, the not-for-profit world leader in lifelong learning since 1975.
- Social Security Online