Websites Selected by Librarians
- Capitol Archivist
1445 K Street
P.O. Box 94696
Lincoln, Ne 68509-4696
- Capitol Information Desk (402) 471-0400
- Capitol Landmark Store (402) 471-2062. Regular hours for the Landmark Store at the Capitol will be Monday-Friday, 10:00-4:30.
- Inscriptions on the Nebraska State Capitol
- Legislative Contacts You can use the following contact information to get in touch with various legislative individuals/entities.
- Memorial Chamber The central room of the 14th Floor Observation Level is the Memorial Chamber, it is “dedicated to the forms of heroism called for in the public service and in devotion to humanity”.
- Nebraska State Capitol web site developed by the Office of the Capitol Commission, part of the Department of Administrative Services State Building Division. Includes capitol photos, history, and tour information, and an online Capitol guided tour.
- Nebraska's Capitol Masterpice An NET special airing in August 2013.
- Online Tour of the State Capitol
- Photos of the Nebraska State Capitol
- The Sower
- Unicameral information about the Unicameral, or one-house system of government.
- Virtual Tour of the State Capitol and Govvernor's Residence
State Capitol - Lincoln 1445 "K" St. The Nebraska State Capitol, constructed from 1922 to 1932 at a cost of $10 million, is described by architects and historians as the nation's first truly vernacular state capitol. Seen from miles away, the building's majestic four hundred foot domed tower and low spreading base contain exterior and interior artwork representing the natural, social and political development of the State of Nebraska. 14th floor observation deck will be closed during restoration. Open year-round. Weekdays 8 am-5 pm; Sat. 10 am-5 pm, Sun. 1-5 pm. Closed Thanksgiving, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day. Tours on the hours, weekdays, 9 am-4 pm except noon. Sat., 10 am-4 pm, except noon. Sun, 1-4 pm. FREE. Call this number for tour information: (402) 471-0448. Handicapped Accessible.