State Government Sources
Databases Available to Nebraskans Websites Selected by Librarians
- 50 States & Capitals includes capitol cities, state flag, state bird, song, universities, and other information
- Council of State Governments includes issue alerts, suggested state legislation
- Fiscal Survey of States
- Governing Sourcebook Governing Magazine's authoritative compendium of data on the states and the largest U.S. municipalities.
- Small area Income and Poverty Estimates Estimates for states, counties, and school districts. The main objective is to provide updated estimates of income and poverty statistics for the administration of federal programs and the allocation of federal funds to local jurisdictions. These estimates combine data from administrative records, intercensal population estimates, and the decennial census with direct estimates from the American Community Survey to provide consistent and reliable single-year estimates. These model-based single-year estimates are more reflective of current conditions than multi-year survey estimates.
- State and Local Government on the Web
- State Blue Books Lists and links to online versions of each state's Blue Book or Legislative Manual.
- State Fact Sheets from the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- State Legal Resources on the Web from the University of Michigan
- State Rankings from the U.S. Census Bureau
- State Resource Center provides extensive lists of links to statewide offices, the state's legal branches, its counties, its rules of court, important legal forms, and more
- Stateline.org a resource for those with a penchant for state government and various developments that bear directly on all 50 states
- Statutes and Constitution - Nebraska keyword search or view chapter-by-chapter
- Vital Records Information Where to get vital records from each state, county and territory in the U.S. Includes address, phone, fees and other information for state vital records offices. Less detailed information for county records offices. Includes genealogy links by state.